28.09.2024, 21:26 UTC+2

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

21.12.2013, 11:02

DFW Dad Gets Personal Apology From McGwire NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Moments before made headlines, he called a father to personally apologize.

formed a foundation to stop steroid use in schools after his son,Taylor,Air Jordan 6 rings Retro homme, committed suicide in July of 2003. He testified before congressmoments before McGwire in 2005,Christian Louboutin Plate, but the two never spokeuntil Monday.

"I answered the phone. He said,Air Jordan Melo M8 Retro Pas Cher, 'It's ,' and he was just calling to express his personal condolences or sorrow for what had happened and his behavior and wanted to make sure that we, among a number of other people as it turns out, heard from him directly as opposed to reading it in the newspaper,Christian Louboutin Pompes," said Hooton.

OnMonday,Nike Air Max LTD femme,the 46-year-old retired slugger, who just rejoined his old team the St. Louis Cardinals as batting coach,Bottes UGG Hombres neumel Pas Cher, who alsofamously refused to admit to cheating when he was hauled before a Congressional committee in 2005, faced his past in emotional interviews with MLB Network’s and The Associated Pressafterawritten statement was made publicjust hours earlier.

"I wish I had never touched steroids," McGwire said in the statement. "It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back,Bottes UGG Argyle Knit Pas Cher, I wish I had never played during the steroid era."

McGwiresaid the hardest part about coming clean was breaking the news to his wife, parents,Louboutin Homme, close friends and son,I cant do
,Nike Air Max 95 femme,you warran
, who had all been kept in in the dark.

Hooton acceptedMcGwire's personalapology and asked if the two could talk again once the dust settles. McGwire has made donations in the past to the Taylor Hooton Foundation, andHooton hopes he will join him in his fight to stop steroid abuse.

NBCDFW's DanielMacht and also contributed to this report,Christian Louboutin Bottines Femme,visit whic