27.05.2024, 01:30 UTC+2

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

jjnrunuih

Fortgeschrittener

12.12.2013, 14:31

Erica Jong overcomes her fear of flying - latimes.com

Let's start with your fear of flying. Do you still have it?
I sometimes have a little fear when I get on the plane if I haven't flown for a while, but no. I got rid of it through writing the book, I think,Ugg Bailey Button, because I flew so many places in the wake of it. My daughter [Molly Jong-Fast] went through this thing a lot of women go through where she got scared of flying after her kids were born. Then she went to a behaviorist who helped her a lot, and now she's flying again.

The irony must not have been lost on her.
She said that to me. She said,lululemon canada, "I can't believe you wrote the book and you're not afraid of flying and I am."
Do you or your readers still find "Fear" transgressive?
Younger people tend to have the reaction, not enough has changed. Not that they find it particularly shocking, because the zipless bleep,Bailey Button Ugg, as I have to call it, might well be a hook-up. But they're not saying they're having a lot of fun. In fact, a lot of young women tell me that when they read in "Fear of Flying" about [male impotence], they say, "That's what we're experiencing."
Do you have a sense from them of what's causing that now?
I think the empowerment of women has made men very nervous. I also think the constant availability of computer sex with perfect bodies has made men feel it's safer to go online than to risk a real person. But I'm not sure. It may well be that so many things have gone away