07.05.2024, 23:26 UTC+2

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

26.11.2013, 14:25

All-Star Weekend left hometown host Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks with l

Tim MacMahon covers the Mavericks for ESPN Dallas. You can follow him on or leave a question for his weekly .
And there might not be an All-Star with a smaller ego. Nowitzki had too much fun to sweat something silly like who got the last shot.
Dirk's performance won't make the cut on highlight packages -- not with dozens of dunks,Chaussure Nike Air Jordan Fly, many of the "wow" variety,Nike Air Jordan 13 homme, from which to choose -- but the unofficial host of the weekend did what he does pretty darn well. He scored a personal All-Star-high 22 points on 8-of-15 shooting.
A win in the All-Star Game would have been a sweet way to finish the weekend, but Nowitzki still couldn't wipe the smile off his face.
That wasn't true this weekend. A large portion of the 108,Chaussure Nike Air Jordan 6 rings,713 fans who flocked to Cowboys Stadium on Sunday -- shattering the world record for attendance at a basketball game -- wanted to see their hometown hero jack up jumpers.
ARLINGTON,Chaussure Nike Air Jordan Aero Flight, Texas -- doesn't have the kind of game required to stand out on the All-Star stage.
"The guys were talking about it a lot," said Nowitzki,Chaussure Nike Air Jordan 3.5, who needed 60 tickets to accommodate his friends and family, many of whom flew in from Germany for the weekend. "I'm supposed to shoot a lot, and Steve when he was in there always dribbled to me and flipped the ball back and forced me to shoot all game long."
And Nowitzki's All-Star teammates knew it, too. It's no coincidence that he hoisted jumpers on the West's first possession, tickling the twine both times. The game's first play was a flashback: setting up his best buddy for a wide-open jumper.
Not that Nowitzki cared. He got a chance to win the game the previous possession, when a play was drawn up to get him a 3-pointer from the left wing. He pump-faked to get Orlando's in the air but put the ball on the floor before getting hacked, earning two free throws to tie it up.
The pro-Dallas fans made that loud and clear with a high-decibel roar during pregame introductions,Nike Air Jordan 22 homme, when the best player in the Mavericks' history was saved for last.
"Just to be in this game was an unreal experience," Nowitzki said,Chaussure Nike Air Jordan Talon, "and I'll always remember this for the rest of my life."
All in all,Nike Air Jordan 5 homme, it was a wonderful weekend for Nowitzki. He was a fixture on the Mavs-friendly party circuit,Nike Air Jordan 17 homme, including an event he co-hosted Friday night with . He did a little charity work. He hit the halfcourt shot that clinched Team Texas' win in the Haier Shooting Stars competition Saturday night, kidding afterward that he wanted a spot in the dunk contest instead.
"Nobody wants to watch a 7-footer shoot 15-footers," Nowitzki said this week.
Nowitzki didn't get the final shot. That went to Denver's , who barely hit iron on a contested 3-pointer at the buzzer to seal the East's 141-139 win.
In theory, good pal/current Mavs point guard would have helped feed Nowitzki. However, Kidd played only six minutes in his 10th All-Star appearance.
Oh,Bottes UGG Bailey Button Triplet Pas Cher, yeah, and Mark Cuban and Co. pulled off a blockbuster deal that improves the Mavs' chances of contending.

Thema bewerten